What's my daily routine?
I currently don't have a set daily routine (my unpredictable work schedule makes it impossible), but I do try to craft time in my day to form regular habits/do a fun activity. Although "variety is the spice of life," there's something comforting about having a regular routine and knowing where you'll be and what you'll be doing at a certain time of day. That said, I'm aspiring to enjoy the limited control I do have of my schedule and make each day as productive as possible.
My typical work day:
- 7:30 - 8:30 Wake up, but actually stay in bed as long as I can
- 8:30 - 8:45 Make breakfast (aka green smoothie)
- 8:45 - 9:00 Commute to work (this includes driving and walking from the parking garage)
- 9:00 - 9:30 Turn on my computer, fill and turn on my humidifier, turn on salt lamps, eat more
- 9:30 - 12:45 Work
- 1:00 - 2:00 Lunch/gym
- 2:00 - 5:00 Work (this may extend to 7 or 8 PM once in a while)
- 5:00 - 7:00 Drive home, cook and eat dinner while watching food network and sometimes news
- 7:00 - 7:30 Jeopardy!
- 7:30 - 11:30 Watch TV, play video games, sometimes read
- 11:30 - 12:00 Get ready for bed, sleep
Currently, I spend too much time
waking up staying in bed, get to work later than I'd like to (typically, sometimes I am early), and also waste a lot of time watching TV. I'm aiming to be more efficient with my time to maximize my productivity.
My ideal work day:
- 7:00 - 7:30 Wake up, tell Alexa to start my day (weather + flash briefing)
- 7:30 - 7:45 Make breakfast (aka green smoothie)
- 8:00 - 8:15 Commute to work (this includes driving and walking from the parking garage)
- 8:15 - 8:45 Turn on my computer, fill and turn on my humidifier, turn on salt lamps, eat oatmeal
- 9:00 - 12:00 Work
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch/gym
- 1:00 - 3:45 Work
- 3:45 - 6:00 Bikram
- 6:30 -7:00 Shower, prepare dinner
- 7:00 - 7:30 Jeopardy!
- 7:30 - 9:00 Watch TV/play video games
- 9:00 - 10:30 Blog, Read
- 10:30 - 11:00 Get ready for bed, sleep (to get 8 hours!)
I just realized I only work 6 hrs in my "ideal" day... but I guess this is why it's ideal (and not going to happen in 2018). Also realistically I only do bikram twice a week at most, but if time/leaving work early was not an issue I'd try to do it more often. I'm also open to ideas/suggestions to maximize my productivity and am interested in how people structure their day!